Give blood, save a life
Give blood, save a life #GiveBacktoMilan
The international community donated in Milan on May 3rd, 2021
The event was held on
Monday, May 3rd 2021
Every few seconds, someone in Italy needs blood...
● Those who have been involved in serious accidents, like a car crash
● Those who need a surgery
● Mothers giving birth
● People with blood disorders, such as sickle cell patients
● Patients being treated for cancer
● Leukemia patients
People like you, whose life depends on the kindness of others.
Milan has a large community of international citizens who love their city and want to give their contribution. #GiveBackToMilan opens to everyone the opportunity to give back by actively doing good.
Be kind, help save lives.
How you can help:
Giving blood is a selfless act of kindness, but we’ll be offering you:
- A free check-up of your blood
- A day off from work (if you wish)
And, most of all… the joy and fulfilment of knowing you’ve been of help.
Go donate blood, if you can.
If you can’t donate, you can always help raise awareness:
- Share a picture of yourself with a GiveBackToMilan filter on Instagram in your stories or post.
- Tag @DoctorsinItaly or use the hashtag #GiveBacktoMilan and #GBtM in the description so we can find you and reshare.
- Share also the link to this page with all details, so your friends can come donate.
📍 The 2021 blood drive was held at the DoctorsinItaly Washington Medical Center
Via Salvio Giuliano 5/3, Milan
How to get there
• Right next to Via Washington
•. 10 minutes from Wagner (Metro Station)
• 15 minutes from Piazza Sant’Agostino
See in Google Maps
Who can donate blood?
Minimum requirements include:
• Age between 18 and 70
• A weight not less than 50 kg
To avoid disappointment, check the guide or the AVIS Website for the full list of exclusions
Download the guide!
• Eligibility criteria for donors
• How to prepare for donating
• All the benefits of blood donation