ENGLISH SPEAKING ENDOCRINOLOGIST IN ROME
An endocrinologist seems to be, among all the medical specialists, the most successful in applying the reductionist approach. You measure a gland’s output and you can immediately know if there is too much or too little hormone secretion.
ARGUABLY THERE IS NO MEDICAL SPECIALTY MORE COMPLEX THAN ENDOCRINOLOGY
In the attempt to recognize and address all the infinite nuances of changes related to hormones imbalance, laboratory is only a minimal part of the endocrinologists’ resources. To become good at recognizing all these conditions, experience, practice and, above all, the interview with the patients are irreplaceable steps toward a correct diagnosis.
YOU SHOULDN’T ADD LANGUAGE BARRIER TO THIS ALREADY COMPLEX LANDSCAPE.
At our clinic in Rome, you will find an excellent English-speaking endocrinologist, with international experience, ready to understand your needs.
There are many signs your body can give you, that would call for a visit with an endocrinologist. Metabolic disorders, hormonal imbalances, reproductive issues, excessive heat or cold sensations can all ring a bell. Your primary care physician may be the first to suggest you to speak with an endocrinologist.
Here is a list of endocrinology diseases we treat at our clinic in Rome:
- Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism
- Disorders of the thyroid gland during pregnancy
- Thyroid nodules assessment
- Laboratory assessment of thyroid function
- Thyroxine replacement therapy
- Thyroid ultrasonography (color-Doppler thyroid scan)
- Disorders of calcium and bone metabolism
- Evaluation of osteoporosis symptoms
- Osteoporosis prevention
- Osteoporosis treatment
- Diagnosis and treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis
- Bone density scan
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Oral glucose tolerance test in pregnancy
- Laboratory diagnosis of diabetes mellitus
- Treatment of diabetes mellitus
- Hyperlipidemias diagnosis and treatment
- Disorders of the Adrenal Glands
- Treatment of Gynecomastia
- Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa
- Polycistic ovarian syndrome
- Treatment of hirsutism
- High-resolution imaging (MRI, CT)
- Ultrasound-Fine Needle Aspiration Biopsy
- Nutrition consulting services
- Intensive treatment for lipid disorders
Dr. Mikiko Watanabe is a licensed endocrinologist based in Rome. Between 2015 and 2017 she was Research Fellow at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard University, Boston, MA. Since 2017 she is Research Collaborator at the same institution. She teaches Endocrinology and Diabetes to the English course of Sapienza University Medical School, Rome, since 2017.
If you are in Rome and you are looking for an English Speaking Endocrinologist near you, do not hesitate to contact us and visit our clinic close to the Spanish Steps: our doctors will be happy to help you.