BASIC CARDIOVASCULAR SCREENING
What you can expect from a basic cardiovascular screening at our Clinic:
- Personal & Family history questionnaire
- General examination – height, weight, BMI calculation.
- Examination of the cardiovascular system including pulse rate, heart auscultation and blood pressure measurement.
- Resting Electrocardiogram
- A personalised report with action plan and follow-up
(ECG) is a test that records a person’s heart rate (how fast it beats) and rhythm. It provides a picture of the electrical activity and help to identify abnormal heart beat and heart enlargement.
Before an ECG, you don’t need to do anything special. You will be asked to lie on a bed and electrodes will be placed on your chest, arms and legs. It is completely painless and takes about 5 to 10 minutes.